Family Services Manager
We are looking for a Family Services Manager with heart and soul!
If you enjoy working with older adults and family caregivers, please apply for this position today.
TITLE: Family Services Manager
HOURS: 30-32.50 hours per week, 5 days a week. Flexible schedule.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY: Maintaining membership/census to full capacity
Monday through Friday
Comprehensive benefit package includes:
PTO, sick, health insurance, dental, retirement, 12 paid holidays
E-mail cover letter & resume. Serious candidates only. No phone calls, please.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the operation of family services, assists in providing educational training of staff and volunteers as needed, and implements the social services at the Center. One high priority work task is in the recruitment, intake, and retention of participants and families/caregivers.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: The Family Services Director shall be responsible for the participant and family services of the Friendship Center. The Family Services Director shall coordinate, and implement social services at the Center, promoting the Center’s services in order to recruit, and retain elder participants and their families. All policies and procedures of the Center, applicable laws and licensing requirements will be followed at all times.
Possession of a Master’s Degree in Social Work or related degree from an accredited college or university and three years social work experience. Experience working with the elderly and Alzheimer’s disease and/or a related disorder is highly desirable.
Possession of a Nursing degree RN or LVN with aging related experience. Familiar with local resources and community based programs in order to recruit and maintain census.
BA in Social Work or related degree with five years related work experience including intake and evaluation, counseling experience with the aged and individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, or a related disorder. Demonstrated staff supervisory experience.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND PERFORMANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES
A. MAINTAIN MEMBERSHIP /BUILD CENSUS
B. STAFF DEVELOPMENT
1. Plans monthly staff in-services in conjunction with the Program Manager, bringing in outside presenters when appropriate, on topics of relevance to staff.
2. Coordinates with Executive Director to schedule other trainings, and send staff to offsite trainings, as necessary.
C. FAMILY SERVICES/DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention, intake, and evaluation of Adult Day Services participants.
- Assists in integrating participants and family into the program.
- Maintains contact with social service agencies and hospitals to obtain referrals. Does outreach/marketing with physicians, agencies and interested individuals when requested to do so.
- Counsels participants and participants’ families as needed. Make appropriate referrals to various agencies if on-going counseling is needed.
- Evaluates progress of participants with staff regularly, and with family as needed.
- Works cooperatively with all Staff:
- Updates/communicates information regarding client’s behavioral changes and medication needs.
- Provides information to Program Manager regarding new participants’ to insure smooth transition into the Center’s programs.
- Works with staff to help them better understand the behavior of older persons.
- Works with Executive Director and staff in developing harmonious working relationships; must be a promoter of client-centered care and adhere to a team philosophy.
- Attends regular meetings in the community with emphasis on aging and case management to build participant census and to promote the Center’s services. A list of scheduled meetings are to be presented to the Executive Director for prior approval.
- Responsible for developing and delivering presentations regarding Friendship Center services and works cooperatively with the Speakers Bureau Committee, and acts as liaison to the committee.
- Responsible for monthly social work summary.
- Provides in-home assessments as needed. Completes social service assessments and wellness plans on all participants.
- May provide functional assistance in the areas of assisting participants in any area of their personal care needs, program needs.
- Active participant in the Multi-Disciplinary Team of the Friendship Center.
- Involve family members/caregivers in the program to increase awareness and opportunities to contribute and donate to the program.
- Maintains all agency, licensing, contracts and administrative requirements for documentation as required for client services and administrative needs including raw data collections and tabulations and reporting requirements.
- Primary person responsible (in collaboration with the Executive Director) for marketing and public relations efforts for the facility. Plans and schedules meetings. Marketing efforts will be established with, and approved by the Executive Director, which includes a marketing plan, and documentation/tracking mechanism to insure successful outcome.
- Assist with agency fundraising efforts and the development of events.
- Assists with grant writing, as requested by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for the Veterans’ program and Tri Counties Regional Center, and insures that the Center is in compliance with all contractual policies and procedures.
- May work some evenings and weekends when requested to do so for networking or agency events.
- Performs related duties as required.
Full Description: Family Services Manager.pdf
Program Specialist On-Call (SB/Goleta)
Need a flexible schedule? Join us on-call!
We are searching for kind, fun, enthusiastic, talented activities and program specialists to work with our adult day care members in our centers in Goleta and Montecito serving frail elderly, those with dementia, and those with developmental disabilities.
Program Specialists assists in developing, planning, and leading fun program activities for our day care center participants. They perform a variety of functions related to the overall operation of our centers including assisting with enjoyable activities like musical entertainment and sing alongs, outings, food service, and special events. Assistance with personal care including bathrooming and companionship, and some maintenance and cleaning are also required.
Our ideal program specialist is a compassionate individual who enjoys working with older adults, has positive and effective communication skills, works well with other center staff, members, volunteers, and families, has a can-do attitude, and pitches-in to do whatever is needed.
Requirements include 1st Aid and CPR certification, physical and TB clearance, a clean driving record, valid driver’s license and insurance, and fingerprint clearance. Experience with eldercare or those with disabilities preferred.
This position includes work at two of our centers, and hours will vary between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday. No nights and no weekends! We are currently seeking on-call staff.
Salary approx. 15/hr DOE.
Please send detailed resume with cover letter to admin@FriendshipCenterSB.org